Experienced Lead Project Engineer –
Senior Project Engineer with Civil, Water Treatment and Infrastructure Experience
Primary Job Responsibilities:
You will lead the Owner’s Team for the design, construction and commissioning of Feed Algae’s industry-leading algae cultivation facility in Morocco and beyond. As the Senior Project Engineer, your role will initially be to manage the design of all aspects of the next phase of Feed Algae’s expansion, including the technical, construction and project rollout designs. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, including biologists, geo-tech engineers and financial experts, you will provide the engineering, technical and project delivery inputs into the overall design as part of a software-driven simulation of the business. You will manage the various external providers of engineering services, design and equipment. Once the design has been finalised, your role will be to identify, screen and contract with the various engineering and equipment providers that will be required to construct the facility and to represent the Owner’s team throughout the construction of the project. In time, the role will entail the design and construction of algae production facilities in other suitable geographies.
Responsibilities will include:
• Contributing the engineering input into the overall design of the ‘digital twin’ model of the business and into the ultimate design of the next phase of Feed Algae’s production facility in Morocco.
• Identifying, contracting with and managing the engineering, professional service and equipment providers necessary to support the high-level and detailed design processes.
• Establishing the detailed project execution plan and the development of the overall project engineering budget and schedule.
• Finalising the design of the expanded production facility, including civil, electrical, water reticulation, harvesting, processing and logistic, as well as the project execution, EPC structure and project budget.
• Providing technical and engineering inputs to a multi-disciplinary team, including works and budget management.
• Designing and representing the Owner’s Team throughout the construction of the production facility.
• Preparing and checking Technical Approval documents
• Preparing and checking contract documents and fee & works estimates.
• Identifying, contracting with and managing engineering, professional and technical service and equipment providers necessary to execute the construction.
• Taking responsibility for the engineering elements of the project capital estimates, quantities and time.
• Designing Feed Algae’s safety, quality and environmental policies for construction.
• Liaising with local and national government authorities in respect of permitting, infrastructure provision and interface.
• Leading and managing the delivery of the construction.
• Supporting recruitment, retention and talent management within the Owner’s Team
• Supporting the professional development of your team.
Qualifications and Skills:
• University graduate with BSc in Civil Engineering with minimum 10 years’ experience in Civil Engineering.
• 7-10 years of experience in Design and Project Management-related work on large infrastructure projects and water/sewage treatment projects.
• Chartered Engineer with significant post-professional qualification experience in a similar relevant role.
• Qualifications and experience in civil works and water treatment highly desirable.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of the detailed design of a range of civil structures, including dams, pipelines, canals, road underpasses, site building, outbound logistics facilities, etc. and the relevant design standards.
• Solid project management experience and track record in delivering large scale projects, working with engineering, technical service and equipment suppliers. o Project management qualification such as PRINCE2
• Thorough knowledge of safety, environment and other quality and risk management systems.
Please send your CV and any additional details to email@example.com.